Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rucker Baby Shower

Since Charlie came five weeks early, I never had a chance to post pictures from the baby shower that Christina and Janet threw for us.  It was at 4:00 on January 2nd- the day of Charlie's birthday- at the hospital.  Everything was beautiful, and I so appreciate everyone being so flexible and moving it to the hospital, once they found out I was on hospital bed rest.

Here are the beautiful decorations......
My mom and Justin opened the gifts while I watched on in my wheelchair.  Everyone was very cautious that I would not overdo myself. 


Thanks so much to the Soroski's for making the drive up from Houston to celebrate with us.  Little did they know that they would be here for Charlie's birth, as well.  Thank goodness, as Jana installed Charlie's car seat while I was in labor! 

It was a beautiful shower, and I so appreciate everyone's love and support for sweet baby Charlie. 
After the shower, I went back to my hospital room around 6:00 to rest and hopefully have a calm evening.  At 6:30, my water broke.  I was already dilated to 7cm and was rushed downstairs to Labor & Delivery.  Most of our family was still here from the shower, so it was perfect timing! Charlie arrived 4 hours later at 10:31pm.  Here is my last belly shot taken before the shower, the day Charlie was born.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...