Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Solids!!

The month of July has been all about food and I love it!! It has been such a learning experience for me to read the books, talk with friends, and then see how Charlie reacts.  It's been quite the journey and has been so much fun!

We first started with rice cereal.  Here are some of his first bites.  He was not a fan....I don't blame him!!!




Most of the time his hands end up in his mouth during the feeding.....

Next up was oatmeal.  He liked that much better!!! Isn't his bib cute- it says 'Little Rucker'.


After he had oatmeal down, we decided to move onto fruits and veggies.  I was SO excited to make his food for the first time- I was giddy!!!! I decided to start with avocado's first- how could you not like avocados?!

I don't think Charlie was as 'giddy' as I was to eat avocado's.  He was not a fan- I just knew a Rucker/Boggs kid would love avocados.  We will try again in a few months!

 This is the look I got most of the time when he was eating avocados! I got the hint pretty fast that he didn't like them....


Next up was sweet potatoes and he LOVED them!! Yay!! I was hoping he would like these- this was the main food I ate while pregnant and trying to get pregnant!! :) He is quite the messy eater, I promise some does go in his mouth! At least he's cute!


These are good mom!!


Then, he was starting to try and get out of his bumbo and was getting extremely distracted.  Check out how hard it was to just get him to eat one bite. Crazy kid!!

After many days of this, we decided it was time for his high chair. Doesn't he look cute?! Such a big boy!


Then, we tried pears and he loved them!!! He did great in his high chair too!!

Check out the video of him eating- much better than the previous video :)

Next on the menu will be sweet peas and apples.  We are having so much fun and I can't wait to make more of his food!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...