Thursday, June 2, 2011

Five fast months!

Charlie's fifth month sure has been eventful and fun! We have teethed, played, rolled, smiled, swam, gotten stronger, celebrated birthdays, went to the ER, and have done lots of growing! Whew....it was a fun and busy month that's for sure! 
Charlie weighs: 16 pounds, 1 ounce


I thought it would only be appropriate to add the picture of him trying to get all of his hands in his mouth.  This months picture was a little harder to take.  He is definitely teething! Everything ends up in his mouth. 

Look at how he has grown throughout the past five months.  He sure has come a long way!  

Charlie has really developed a lot of new skills this month.  I think the biggest is him rolling and lifting his head so high.  He loves tummy time! Yay Charlie!!


He also just started wanting to practice his tummy time and rolling skills in his crib during nap time.  Sometimes, I'll go in to check on him and he has scooted to the other end of the crib.  Here he is checking out his new friend...


He also is playing with more toys.  He loves his playmat and will hold onto toys now and reach out and play with them. Very exciting!!!



He is starting to sit in his bumbo seat better.  His chubby thighs sometimes get stuck though making it hard to get him out of it! :) He likes to sit in it and watch me cook.  

He is sleeping 11-12 hours each night and napping pretty good during the day! This makes for a well rested and happy mom and baby! Thank you Charlie! He wakes up super smiley and we are not swaddling him anymore.  He has moved onto the sleep sack.  
And he takes his naps on his belly now and loves it! Thanks you to his grandma's for helping him with this!!!

I put together his jumperoo toy for him to play in.  I thought he would love it, but he really doesn't know what to think of it.  He just stands in it, and I'm about to change the name to 'standeroo' for Charlie.  I think a few more times in it he will get the hang of it and start jumping! :)
He still loves bath time with Daddy! 

He went shopping with mom to Central Market this month.  We had so much fun and he did great! I think we will be there often this summer! 

He loves to hang out with Dad any chance he gets.  His face lights up when Dad walks in after a long day of work.  It is so cute!!!

We also celebrated Dad's 31st birthday at Manny's!




He went swimming for the first time and loved it!

He also went to the Medical City ER for the first time too!!! Very scary! His arm turned blue and he became non responsive while I was holding him during dinner.  He is fine, but talk about a scary evening!!! We are grateful everything is okay!
 He woke up happy the next morning.  Thank you Dad for staying home with him, while I enjoyed my last day of school!

Of course, his smiles are my favorite thing! After a long day at school, this is what I looked forward to coming home to the most!



Happy 5 months CAR! We love you and are so proud of you! You make your Dad and I so happy! I can't wait to see what the 6th month brings....especially since I'll be off for summer!! Whohoo!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...