Thursday, February 18, 2016

Baby GIRL #3

We are back!!! I took a little break from the blog for a few months, but I do have a good reason! We are expecting baby #3....and it's a GIRL!!!! She is due June 6th and we could not be more excited! Sweet baby girl is already very much loved and we are excited for Luke to be a big brother!
We found out towards the end of September that we were pregnant.  Justin had been working crazy long hours and I surprised him and told him when he got home late one night.  We shared the news with our families at around 8 weeks after our first sonogram.  Here she is at 8 weeks....
I have had many sonograms from my past pregnancy history, so we were able to find out if it was a boy or a girl really early- around 14 weeks (early December).  We brought the boys with us to the sonogram and the entire time Luke was telling the sonographer that she was wrong and that it was a boy.  He has finally warmed up to having a baby sister- but he also has informed me that the next baby needs to be a boy.  Sorry buddy- I think this is it!
We surprised our families at Christmas and shared the news that it was a sweet baby girl.  On Christmas Eve, I gave Maw-Maw a present to open and inside was a pink Longhorn onesie.  It was such a special moment because we are naming our sweet girl after Maw-Maw.  We don't have a first name yet, but her middle name will be June.  :)


The next day, we headed over to the Ruckers on Christmas Day and shared the news with Justin's family.  Gigi opened a present that was a pink frame with a picture of the sonogram.
Overall, I've been feeling pretty good.  The first trimester was a little rough, but I'm feeling much better now.  I feel like this pregnancy has flown by compared to the others- I guess that is what happens with #3! I haven't taken near as many pregnancy shots as I did with the boys.  Yikes! Here I am at 18 weeks....I feel like I popped out a lot earlier this time around.
....and again at 24 weeks!
And here is sweet baby girl at 24 weeks.  She is measuring right on time and the sonographer said she had VERY long legs with an active heartbeat of 160 bpm.  Maybe we have a high kicker in our future. :) Either way we feel so blessed to be expanding our family!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...