Monday, May 7, 2012

Special Visitor!!

We had a special visitor in room 113 last Friday- Charlie Austin! I had told my kids all year that I would bring Charlie up to school for them to meet him. I was running out of time and only had a few days left of the year.  So, Justin brought him up last Friday and we had such a fun afternoon.  My class was mesmerized with Charlie and I think he was a bit overwhelmed as well.  He has never had 24 kids looking at him at once!!! :)
 He mainly just stood there and stared at them- but he did walk and move around the room.  When he did everyone just followed him to where he went and huddled around him watching his every move.
 They then grabbed a book and started reading to him- Charlie loved it!!!! I think this was my favorite part of his visit.  Seeing my sweet kids reading to him all on their own- it was awesome!
 He started warming up to everyone towards the end of his visit and was laughing at a few of my girls making silly faces at him.
What a fun afternoon we had! I'm so glad this sweet bunch of kids finally got to meet sweet Charlie!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...